Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Anger

Or was it frustration? 



Either way, I'm upset. My Abby, my beautiful, wonderful, happy child has turned into a demon-monster. She was doing well in school. She was doing well at home. We were so happy as a family, had a good rhythm going, and was actually at the point were we could live a semi-normal existence. You know, one where you get to leave the house and do stuff with your kids. And they sort of cooperate.



And suddenly... poof!... she was no more. 


Now she's aggressive, unhappy, uncooperative. She hits the other kids. She repeats words for 45 minutes or more at a time. She's unable to cope with loud noises, engages in self-stimulating behaviours, and whole nine yards. 






*sigh*


Talked to doctor. He says it might be neurological. We've been cutting back one of her meds, with the hopes of weaning her off one (she's been almost 2 years since a seizure).


Talk to neuro. No, no, no, they insist. It must be physical. Don't worry about it. Keep tapering her meds. 


So back off to Dr. E we go. I've got five pages (2 from teacher, 3 from me) outlining her changed behaviour. In a small font. Including her attacking another kid with scissors today. 


*sigh*


I hate this merry-go-round. 


Have I mentioned that Autism sucks??

No comments:

Post a Comment