Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bah, Humbug!

I know, I know; it's an expression we generally reserve for Christmas, but for me, it applies to Halloween.

Bah, Humbug!

For as long as I can remember, I hated Halloween. I hated the dressing up, I hated the going to people's houses begging for candy, I hate the candy apples and the witches and the goopy insides of pumpkins...

What a delightful child I must have been. ::rolls eyes::

I still hate Halloween. I don't think Abby is particularly fond of it either, as she protests whenever I try to put a costume on her, or paint her face, or put thingys in her hair. Last year she was a very, very unhappy elephant.

I've also have some reservations about fitting Halloween into my faith. I officially don't know where I stand. But then I read this great blog entry from one of my very favorite Christian artists, and I feel a little better if I allow my kids to participate, even just a little bit.

At least I feel justified for going out and buying candy. :)



Abby, Halloween 2008

1 comment:

  1. I liked the article you linked to very much.

    My kids love Halloween--Charlotte even wore her costume to the movies this afternoon, but if they weren't in to it on their own I certainly wouldn't force them to dress up!

    ReplyDelete